A SETA (Sector Education and Training Authority) is a body that governs the training for the sector. There are SETA’s for the different sectors such as FASSET (financial and accounting); BANKSETA (banking); CETA (construction) etc.
According to the Skills Development Act and Skills Development Levies Act, organisations with an annual payroll of R500 000 or more should be registered for SDL and submit a Skills Plan to the SETA each year.
It is thus a legal requirement to compile and submit a workplace Skills Plan. The Government has announced plans to audit the development and implementation of skills plans in future to ensure compliance with the Skills Development Act. It is thus vital that your organisation has your skills plan in place.
This is an easy way to claim back some of the money you have paid over during the year. If you don’t claim you are making a donation to Government.
- The organisation needs to appoint an SDF (Skills Development Facilitator) and register the person with the SETA;
- The skills plan must be submitted to the SETA by the 30th April 2017;
- The organisation needs to implement the training that was planned for the year;
- Organisations with 50 or more employees need to establish a skills development committee & consult with the committee on the development and implementation of the plan.
ATS Consulting Services can perform the following functions:
- Perform the role of the Skills Development Facilitator;
- Compiling the Workplace Skills Plan (WSP), Annual Training Report (ATR); Pivotal Plan and Report for submission to the relevant SETA (Sector Education and Training Authority);
- Assist in the selection of suitable training courses and providers;
- Skills audits;
- Aligning skills development activities with B-BBEE (Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment) requirements;
- Establishing Skills Development Committees and facilitating the meetings of the Committee;
- Appointing Skills Development Facilitators (SDF’s) and registering SDF’s with the relevant SETA;
- SETA transfers;
- Claiming SDL (discretionary and mandatory grants).
For more information and our pricing structure please contact us.
012 460 9585
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.