UNIT STANDARD (ID 263976): DEMONSTRATE UNDERSTANDING OF THE OUTCOMES-BASED EDUCATION AND TRAINING APPROACH WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF A NATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FRAMEWORK, NQF LEVEL 5, CREDITS 5
UNIT STANDARD (ID 115789): SUSTAIN ORAL INTERACTION ACROSS A WIDE RANGE OF CONTEXTS AND CRITICALLY EVALUATE SPOKEN TEXTS, NQF LEVEL 5, CREDITS 5
UNIT STANDARD (ID 115790): WRITE AND PRESENT FOR A WIDE RANGE OF PURPOSES, AUDIENCES AND CONTEXTS, NQF LEVEL 5, CREDITS 5
This Skills Programme will enable learners to present and participate effectively in oral communication in various contexts.
Learners at this level have a fundamental knowledge base of the purposes and the context for communication as well as of target audiences. They effectively apply the style and language register required in different contexts. Learners can identify and make assumptions and inferences from and in oral communication. They speak fluently and confidently in both formal and informal settings and can articulate their purpose and meaning clearly. Language can be used to convey and evaluate detailed information, to express ideas and feelings and to use appropriate presentation skills and strategies. Learners use language correctly and effectively in their spoken communications.
Apart from verbal communication, this skills programme will also requires learners to follow a process in writing workplace specific texts. The ability to write plain language will improve the quality of business correspondence and other texts that are specific to a workplace environment. The course enables learners to recognise and use effectively textual conventions and features specific to business texts including those that require a particular format and/or specified legislated requirements. They carefully scrutinise their own and others’ writing for accuracy, appropriateness and impact on different audiences and contexts. They edit and change where appropriate.
- Interact critically and purposefully as a listener and/or speaker in oral communication
- Analyse and critically evaluate oral interactions and presentations
- Use strategies for listening and speaking in sustained oral interactions
- Analyse and evaluate responses to spoken texts critically and adjust own as required.
- Use writing skills for specific purposes, audiences and contexts.
- Access, process, re-organise, and synthesise information in order to present it.
- Use appropriate language conventions, textual features and style for specific workplace purposes.
- Draft and edit texts.
Who this course will benefit:
ODETDP Practitioners, Facilitators, and Educators.
- Leaner should have a good comprehension of English.
- The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in terms of the following outcomes or areas of learning: NQF level 4:
- Write texts for a range of communicative contexts.
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral communication.
Includes theory and practical work. Portfolio building in class.
R5 950.00 VAT Inclusive
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
012 460 9585
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.
Terms and Conditions:
- Full payment to be made before the start of the course.
- If you do not attend on the booked date a R1000.00 booking fee will be kept as a penalty charge.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the course or the penalty will apply.
- Please note we do not cater for any special dietary needs.
- Digital certificate & SoR in your own private vault. Access via the internet, anytime, anywhere. No hard-copies will be printed.