One of the buzzwords in the new South Africa is “Education and Training” – and rightly so, because our country and democracy will stand or fall by the level of education, skills, training, and competence of the majority of all its citizens.
The question many South Africans are asking is, however: Where can I get access to the right training? And, even more important, at a level that I can understand, and in a way that can guide me towards making the most of my life and career?
Welcome to ATS (Accreditation and Training Services)
ATS is a well-known company in the skills training business. Through the years we have developed into a prestigious company with a superb track record. We not only have the best qualified staff but we give the best to both client and employee through personal attention.
ATS is a registered training provider with the Education Training and Development Practices Sector Education and Training Authority (ETDP SETA). ATS renders training services within the ETDP SETA domain that include:
- Assessor RPL
- Coaching (One-to-One Trainer)
- Design & Develop Assessments
- Design & Develop Learning Material
- Early Childhood Development Training (ECD)
- Facilitator Training
- Moderator Training
- ODETDP Qualification
- Skills Development Facilitator Training ( SDF)
The following skills programmes are registered and accredited with the ETDP Seta:
- Assist and Support Learners To Manage Their Learning Experiences Unit Standard 117865 (Mentoring)
- Conduct Outcomes-Based Assessment Unit Standard 115753 (Assessor Training)
- Conduct Moderation of Outcomes-Based Assessments Unit Standard 115759 (Moderator Training)
- Design & Develop Learning Material Unit Standards 123401, 123394, and 123397
- Design and Develop Outcomes-Based Assessments Unit Standard 115755 (Design & Develop Assessment)
- Facilitate Learning Using a Variety of Given Methodologies Unit Standard 117871 (Facilitator Training)
- Fundamentals (part of ODETDP Qualification) Unit Standards 115789, and 115790
- Further Education And Training Certificate: Early Childhood Development SAQA 58761 (ECD)
- National Certificate: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices Qualification SAQA 50334 (ODETDP)
- National Diploma: Early Childhood Development SAQA 23118 (ECD)
- Perform One-to-One Training on the Job Unit Standard 117877 (Coaching Training)
- Skills Development Facilitator Unit Standards 15217, 15221, 15222, 15227, 15228, and 15232 (SDF)
ATS also renders external assessment and moderation services, as well as consultative services with respect to the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Training is offered at ATS’ main training facility in Pretoria, as well as in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Polokwane, and Witbank. Various other training venues can be arranged throughout South Africa to meet the particular requirements of our clients.
Our Training Philosophy:
- We have a track record of success.
- Our fees are competitive and include assessment/moderation of portfolios as well as comprehensive admin support.
- ATS operates country-wide.
- Training is outcomes-based in accordance with the criteria of the Unit Standards concerned.
- Based on one of the principles of the NQF system, facilitators merely facilitate the learning process, whilst it is the responsibility of learners to gain in knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Experiential learning is utilised as the primary training technique, enabling learners to learn through experimentation and direct involvement in the execution of assignments, under the guidance of the facilitator.
- ATS operates through extended contact phases, ensuring that the bulk of training activities, including portfolio building and summative assessments, are done during the courses, thus ensuring a 99% success rate.
Following the South African Qualifications Authority’s (SAQA) decision in that all Facilitators, Assessors, Moderators, etc. must in future be trained and registered by the ETDP SETA, ATS was established in 2002 and accredited at the ETDP SETA.
The Head Office and main training facilities are situated in Groenkloof, Pretoria. A number of regional offices are operated by SSME’s, in Polokwane, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
ATS has been operating as an accredited training provider for ETDP SETA skills programmes since the end of 2002, and has to date (2017) trained more than 4200 assessors, 1500 moderators, 1900 facilitators, 350 SDF’s, as well as a large number of Design & Develop Material, Design & Develop Assessment, Mentoring, and Fundamental candidates (150+) during this period. Our contactable references include various colleges, such as the South Western College for FET, the Mopani South East FET College, the Tshwane North FET College, Waterberg FET College, Lebowakgomo FET College, Isidingo College, Tygerberg College, and Sekukuni FET College, as well as institutions like MAPPP SETA, ESKOM, Palabora Mining Company, Steers, FIETA, Nando’s, Snowden Training, Anglo Platinum Mines, Equality Foods, SA National Defence Force, Department of Education, etc.
We also offer consultancy services in the NQF domain and have acted as external moderators for the Forest Industries SETA.
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
0860 10 36 35
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you within 3 working hours.