NATIONAL CERTIFICATE: OCCUPATIONALLY DIRECTED EDUCATION TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT PRACTICES, NQF LEVEL 5, MINIMUM 120 CREDITS
The development of skills within and for the workplace is a priority within South Africa, as supported by legislation, national policies and strategies. Much of the needed skills development is carried out by people who have knowledge and skills within their area of expertise, but lack the required skills in relation to ETD. Many of the skills development objectives, nationally and within companies and organisations, are met through the efforts of ETD practitioners operating at NQF Level 5, and this certificate addresses the key competencies of such practitioners.
This qualification will meet the need of those who wish to progress beyond the FETC ODETD, or who wish to enter the field of ETD for the first time. The certificate will also help to increase the employment prospects of ETD practitioners, while helping to ensure quality and competence within the ETD field.
This qualification will provide a means to recognise ODETD practise at level 5 across five key ETD roles in a generalist capacity, with particular application possible in at least one role. Practitioners who wish to extend the skills in ETD to cover further ETD roles should select the Diploma ODETD, Level 5.
Who will benefit:
This qualification is for those who want to build on a FETC in any field to enter the field of ODETD as a potential career, and have little or no previous exposure to ETD. The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition. This qualification will be useful for:
- Learning facilitators.
- Learner and learning supporters.
- Skills Development Facilitators.
This qualification will provide practitioners with the general ETD skills required at NQF level 5 across five key ETD roles, with the opportunity to specialise further in one of the following four roles:
- Design and develop learning interventions.
- Facilitate learning.
- Design and conduct assessments.
- Facilitate skills development.
Practitioners will generally carry out their role within the context of:
- Given Quality Assurance policies, procedures and processes.
- A guided and supported learning environment.
- It is assumed that practitioners have expertise in the subject/occupation field in which they intend to provide education, training and development, at a level required to engage meaningfully in ETD within that field.
- It is also assumed that learners working towards this qualification hold a FETC (Matric Certificate) or equivalent. Further learning assumptions are specified within the associated unit standards where required.
- Communicate in a variety of ETD settings.
- Design and develop learning programmes and processes.
- Facilitate and evaluate learning.
- Engage in and promote assessment practices.
- Provide learning support to learners and organisations.
- Conduct Skills Development Facilitation
Approximately 12 Months
Kindly note on completion of all the ODETDP modules, a final SETA requirement of an Integrated Assessment, consisting of a 90 minute session will apply to qualify you for the National Certificate Qualification 50334
Feel free to contact us for more information.
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
012 460 9585
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.
Terms and Conditions:
- Full payment to be made before the start of the course.
- If you do not attend on the booked date a R1000.00 booking fee will be kept as a penalty charge.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the course or the penalty will apply.
- Please note we do not cater for any special dietary needs.
- Digital certificate & SoR in your own private vault. Access via the internet, anytime, anywhere. No hard-copies will be printed.