Skills Development Facilitator
SKILLS DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR UNIT STANDARDS: 15217, 15218, 15221, 15227, 252041, 123396 AND 15232, NQF LEVEL 4, 5 AND 6
Free POE Assistance Workshops for our students who have completed their SDF course
What is a Skills Development Facilitator (SDF)?
A Skills Development Facilitator is a person whom is in charge of a company’s skills related activities.
Which companies should appoint an SDF?
As per the Skills Development Levies Act, all employers of organisations that are registered for skills development levy purposes with SARS have to appoint an SDF who must co-ordinate all skills related activities of an organisation.
Does an SDF need to be registered?
A Skills Development Facilitator must be registered with the relevant SETA. The SDF can perform these duties for more than one employer, but must be registered for every employer at the same or at a different SETA. Although SDF’s are not required to have any formal qualifications to register, organisations will normally appoint a SDF who has an ETD qualification.
Accreditation and Training Services’ Skills Development Facilitator course will equip learners with the required knowledge and skills to identify training needs, draw up Work Place Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports. The SDF training course will give you a good comprehension of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and will help you to develop your skills and will be a good start in acquiring a variety of qualifications within the fields of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
It is the duty of the Skills Development Facilitator to analyse the needs of the organisation and develop and draw up a suitable skills development plan. It is the Skills Development Facilitator’s responsibility to ensure that the skills development plan is followed and properly administrated. The responsibility of a Skills Development Facilitator is great and thus they need to meet a high standard of criteria.
Learners will be able to:
- Develop an organisational training and development plan
- Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes
- Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues
- Conduct skills development administration in an organisation
- Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation
Who this course will benefit:
- Human Resource Managers
- Training Coordinators
- Compliance Managers
- Leaner should have a good comprehension of English, Computer Literacy, Mathematical Literacy and good
- Communication skills.
Includes theory and practical work as well as formative and summative assessments. Portfolio building and completion is done after the initial 4 days of theoretical training and handed in after 4 – 8 weeks when completed.
R8250.00 VAT Inclusive
Information on Accreditation Help and Mentor Training
Courses can be scheduled in other parts of the country depending on the demand.
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
0860 10 36 35
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.
Terms and Conditions:
- 50% payment to be made to confirm booking. Balance to be paid during the week of training.
- If you do not attend on the booked date a R1000.00 booking fee will be kept as a penalty charge.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the course or the penalty will apply.
- Please note we do not cater for any special dietary needs.
- Digital certificate & SoR in your own private vault. Access via the internet, anytime, anywhere. No hard-copies will be printed.