Childcare and Cooking Course
This course is ideal for child carers, au pairs, pre-school assistants and consists of 3 modules:
MODULE 1 – EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT (ECD)
DESIGN ACTIVITIES TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF BABIES, TODDLERS AND YOUNG CHILDREN (244485)
- Analyse learning and development needs of the children within a given context.
- Design activities (language, creative, music and routine activities).
- Evaluate the design of activities.
Self-study. This module is available electronically. You will receive your course material & the supporting documents via e-mail.
Unlimited support is available via email during office hours 08:00 – 16:00, Monday – Friday. The contact details for your support facilitator / assessor will be allocated to you once you’ve enrolled and paid for your course.
Students have 6 weeks to complete this Self Study module (including 5 days of practical).
You will be responsible to source an adequate workplace for your workplace practical. You must complete a logbook, along with your workplace supervisor/coach, to record your practical experience. For this unit standard you must complete a minimum of 5 days of practical. You do not have to do this at a creche or registered ECD centre. It can be completed at the home of the children you are looking after.
This Unit Standard falls under the scope of the ETDP Seta and you will get credits for the Unit Standard that has been achieved. A Statement for Result will be issued by the ETDP Seta.
Price for Module 1: R3 250 (including VAT)
MODULE 2 – FIRST AID (LEVEL 1)
PERFORM BASIC LIFE SUPPORT AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES (US 119567)
- Elementary anatomy and physiology.
- Medico-legal implications – incl. consent.
- Emergency scene management.
- Primary & secondary survey.
- Respiratory distress – incl. artificial respiration.
- Choking – blocked airway.
- Circulatory shock.
- Wounds & bleeding.
- Burns & fractures.
- Unconsciousness & fainting.
- Head & spinal injuries.
Class-based. Book yourself on any one of the scheduled First Aid Courses, presented by First Aid Training SA in Rivonia, Johannesburg or Groenkloof, Pretoria. Dates available from the office.
08:00 – 16:00.
TETA Accredited Competence Certificate / Statement of Result will be issued.
Price for Module 2: R1 250 (including VAT)
MODULE 3 – BASIC COOKING & BAKING SKILLS PROGRAMME
- Handle and maintain knives.
- Handle and maintain utensils and equipment .
- Handle and store food.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Prepare cold and hot sandwiches and rolls.
- Prepare fruit for hot and cold dishes.
- Prepare vegetables for hot and cold dishes.
- Prepare and fry food.
- Prepare and grill food.
- Prepare and bake food.
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage.
Class-based. Students to attend class at our Groenkloof training centre in Pretoria.
3 days for practical cooking skills. 24 – 26 November 2021; 14 – 16 March 2022.
2 weeks to complete learner workbook for assessment.
This course is based on SAQA registered unit standards and candidates will get credits for the Unit Standards that they have achieved. These Unit Standards fall under the scope of the CATHSSETA. A statement of result will be obtained from the relevant SETA.
Price for Module 3: R2 450 (including VAT)
TOTAL PRICE FOR ALL 3 MODULES: R6 950 (including VAT)
Price for all modules include:
- Learning material.
- Ingredients for practical sessions (where applicable).
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
0860 10 36 35
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.
Terms and Conditions:
- 50% payment to be made to confirm booking. Balance to be paid during the week of training.
- If you do not attend on the booked date a R1000.00 booking fee will be kept as a penalty charge.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the course or the penalty will apply.
- Please note we do not cater for any special dietary needs.