Early Childhood Development
WHAT IS EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT?
Early Childhood Development is the all-round development of our children to help them to further develop into childhood and adulthood. The development of babies, toddlers and young children form the foundation for all further development that a child undergoes. Childcare services (day-care, pre-school, etc.) represent much more than a drop-off location for working parents, they play a very important part in the development of children. They give children an opportunity to engage in a variety of educational and social activities. During early childhood, rapid development (physical, cognitive and emotional) takes place, this development is crucial in readying children for school. Children who are ready for school will be friendly, confident, and social; they will have good peer relationships, language skills and they will communicate well. School-ready children will be less likely to fail a grade and will perform better overall.
The FETC & Diploma in ECD is targeted at practitioners teaching Gr. R learners. Once practitioners have completed this qualification, they are eligible to apply for Department of Basic Education vacant Grade R posts.
- Each qualification has 10 modules to complete.
FETC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (NQF LEVEL 4)
- The ability to read, write and use written resource material for learning and teaching in at least two South African languages. Second language at NQF level 2 or equivalent.
- Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- Grade 11 Certificate.
DIPLOMA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (NQF LEVEL 5)
Learners need the following knowledge and skills equivalent to NQF Level 4:
- The ability to read, write and use written resource material for learning and teaching in at least two South African languages.
- The ability to understand fundamental mathematical/numeracy concepts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Internet connection & data.
- Smartphone / computer (preferred).
- PDF Reader and Microsoft Office Word.
- Printer / scanner (optional).
The entire course is available electronically. You will receive your course material & the supporting documents via email. This is a self-study / distance learning course.
- You will be responsible to source an adequate workplace for your workplace practical. You will have to complete a logbook, along with your workplace supervisor/ coach, to record your practical experience.
- Each module you complete will have the minimum days outlined that you need to spend completing your practical.
- Level 4: Approximately 8 weeks will have to be spent doing workplace experience.
- Level 5: Approximately 7 weeks per year will have to be spent doing workplace experience.
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
0860 10 36 35
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.