Learner Support & Mentoring
UNIT STANDARD (ID 117865): ASSIST AND SUPPORT LEARNERS TO MANAGE THEIR LEARNING EXPERIENCES, NQF LEVEL 4, CREDITS 5
UNIT STANDARD (ID 117874): GUIDE LEARNERS ABOUT THEIR LEARNING, ASSESSMENT AND RECOGNITION OPPORTUNITIES, NQF LEVEL 5, CREDITS 6
This Skills Programme will be useful to those who provide a basic level of support and assistance to learners about their learning and assessment needs. Attendees will be able to provide basic support and assistance to learners in terms of issues such as:
- Learning programme content, structure, admission requirements, exit level outcomes, learning contracts, approaches to learning and assessment;
- Career progression options within the occupation; and
- Typical learning or personal difficulties experienced by learners.
This course excludes complex situations involving diagnosis of needs, career counselling, personal counselling or psychological services.
Practitioners will also gain understanding of OBET and the NQF during this course.
- Source and maintain information to assist and support learners;
- Provide assistance and support to learners;
- Maintain records of assistance and support provided; and
- Review support services.
- Identify and analyse learner needs;
- Prepare and review an individual development plan;
- Provide guidance to learners;
- Maintain records of learner needs and guidance provided; and
- Evaluate services provided.
- Explain the outcomes-based approach to education and training;
- Describe the National Qualifications Framework;
- Describe and explain standards;
- Describe and explain national qualifications; and
- Develop a broad plan for implementing the NQF within an organisation.
Who this course will benefit:
ODETDP Practitioners, Facilitators, Educators and Mentors in the workplace.
- Leaner should have a good comprehension of English.
- Exposure to education, training and development environments and practices.
- The credits have been calculated on the assumption that the average learner will be at level 5 or above in their own field of expertise.
We are aware of the economic recession and therefore our fees per candidate have only marginally increased to R 5250.00, including VAT. The cost per candidate covers all training material, workbooks, all assessment / moderation activities, a light lunch (when presented at our premises) and the administration. Travel and accommodation costs for candidates are not included. Discount applies for groups of 10 and more candidates.
Includes theory and practical work. Portfolio building is not completed within the 4 days training period (3 days training, 1 day support).
Contact us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on any of our courses please contact us or complete the quick contact form below.
0860 10 36 35
Quick Contact Form
Complete the form and we’ll get back to you soon. Please ensure that your email address is entered correctly.
Terms and Conditions:
- 50% payment to be made to confirm booking. Balance to be paid during the week of training.
- If you do not attend on the booked date a R1000.00 booking fee will be kept as a penalty charge.
- Cancellations must be made at least 7 days prior to the start of the course or the penalty will apply.
- Please note we do not cater for any special dietary needs.